Pickelman’s Gourmet Cafe

Be sure to check out Pickelman's Gourmet Cafe, located in downtown Clayton.
Be sure to check out Pickelman’s Gourmet Cafe, located in downtown Clayton.

You are craving something delicious. You only have a few minutes for lunch, and last night you pigged out like there was no tomorrow.

I know exactly what you need. Pickleman’s Gourmet Cafe is quick, healthy and delicious.

It is a simple place that is conveniently located in downtown Clayton. Therefore, it is a new candidate for possible restaurants during school lunch periods.

Their soft, warm bread perfectly envelops the various meats and toppings, turning sandwich-making into an art. The numerous options of thin crust pizza will lead to the biggest inner struggle of your day. The fresh chopped salads and creamy soups make for a perfect supplement. “But what about drinks?” you may ask.

Well, I’m glad you asked. I bet you were expecting me to say something like “they’ve got an excellent choice of soft drinks at very low prices.” But I’m not telling you that! I am saying that they’ve got an amazing choice of drinks at unbelievably low prices.

The Coca-Cola Freestyle machine, people. It’s straight out of a futuristic utopian society. Choose your favorite soda flavor on the home screen, and beyond that, choose what flavor you want of that flavor. For example, I might choose Coke and then specifically choose vanilla-cherry Coke. You literally have more than 100 options.

CHS, be sure to check it out. It’s no Tony’s or Morton’s Steakhouse, but it is surprisingly good value, and provides the customer with a friendly location which they can always count on during the lunchtime crunch.