Mod Pizza

Lise Derksen and Sophia Barnes

“Hello, welcome to Mod!”

A friendly faced manager makes a note to welcome me as I walk through the door. A warm scent of bubbling pizza sauce and fresh dough drifts around the store.

Since the stores beginning in 2008, Mod Pizza has been a friendly, and fresh environment. At the Ladue location, manager, Marshall has been here since the opening in early November of 2016.

“My favorite part about working at Mod is the environment. This place is so relaxed, everybody is super friendly, including the customers and management, and nothing is very strict. You won’t find that at any other job,” Marshall, a Mod Pizza employee, said.

The location of this Mod Pizza has been a great new addition to the tons of Clayton restaurants. People working in the downtown Clayton area head over to Mod during the weekdays, and families and friends are here on the weekends.

What makes Mod Pizza different from any other place is picking your own options. This is a build your own type of place, so you can craft the pizza and salads how you really like them. There is an option of nine different pizza and salad combos that you can choose from, or you can build your own, with all of your favorite toppings, that do not cost any extra. Pizza and salad are not the only options. Garlic and cinnamon strips are offered as a popular appetizer, as well as milkshakes and a variety of drinks.

Mod, which opened in November 2016 has been a brand new location in Clayton.This Mod Pizza location has been really popular for CHS students. It is walking distance, and is quick enough for the lunch period to get a good bite.

Mod has a lot of great options for students in Clayton. Since there is such a variety it’s great for anyone who wants their food to be just the way they like it. It is a very modern place, with new tables, and in general the place is taken care of very well.

What really draws the customers attention after they sit down with a delicious meal is the wall with a mural of pictures. There are hundreds of pictures of families and friends enjoying Mod Pizza. The CHS logo even made it up on to the wall. It is a very fun and creative piece of Mod that is unique only to Mod. This wall perfectly describes the restaurant, fun, creative, and containing a feeling of comfort.