Acting in ‘Final Destination’ horrifying

I am a big fan of horror films, but this summer’s “Final Destination” failed to please me.

“Final Destination” revolves around the main character Nick O’Bannon, who joins his friends in a fun time at the speedway. Some are hoping for a crash, but Nick has a bad feeling about things.

Suddenly, Nick has a vision of a horrific accident at the speedway where a car crashes into the stands and almost everyone dies. He warns his friends when he comes back to reality about the accident and they leave the speedway. Just as he predicted, the accident occurs but Nick and his friends survive.

Despite the fact their relief was short-lived, a series of gruesome deaths occur to all the people who survived the accident as the movie continues on.

Now here is where I warn people: just like the genre, the acting in this movie is horrific. Most of the time I thought the director picked some random guy off the street to be the main character, which almost made me sick through the film. If there’s one thing I hate, it is bad acting, and this movie is full of it.

In some parts of the film the director would try to keep viewers watching with gruesome effects of people dying, which is a classic “Final Destination” thing to do. Indeed, it was better than the other films in the series, but, nevertheless, the plot was faulty as well. It was as if they had a group of annoying 5-year-olds as the writers for the movie. The acting was terrible, the plot was awful, and the lines were repetitive.

The director wanted to make the audience forget about all these things by adding more blood, gore, violence and even a sex scene, which didn’t help at all. In fact, I found some of the death scenes to be kind of humorous. I’m not sure that was the intended effect.

Personally, “Final Destination” gets a score of two out of five stars because of all the mistakes the director made when creating this film. The only reason I give it some points is because it lives up to its hype by increasing the blood, violence and gruesome death scenes. If you want to see a movie with all of these things, then knock yourself out. Don’t waste your time seeing this if you don’t like horror or horrific acting.