Soulard Coffee Garden Review

Three stars

I walked inside the Soulard Coffee Garden on a busy Sunday morning. Immediately, there was a man greeting us to give us a rough estimate of the wait before we could be seated.

The bustling atmosphere makes a person feel at home, but does get annoying after awhile. At times, it is hard to move without running into someone.

When we were seated after a ten minute wait, I chose to order a bagel sandwich consisting of eggs, cheese and a sausage pattie. For a drink, I got a peanut butter-chocolate concoction.

The drink was served to me first. The first sip was heavenly. The cold, icy chocolate liquid was followed by a punch of delicious peanut butter. The beverage was gone within a matter of minutes.

Before our food came, it was apparent that the organization of the restaurant left something to be desired. The waitress forgot to mention that the shop was out of plain bagels and had to come back so that I could adjust my order.

When the food was served, my friend was informed that his omelet was prepared incorrectly and they needed more time to get it ready. There was an uncomfortable five minute delay where only half of the table was served.

As for taste, the Soulard Coffee Garden is perfect. Every bite of my bagel sandwich was wonderful. The portion size was perfect: not too small but not too big. The pricing was fair and the waitress was nice.

I would recommend stopping by if you are not in a rush, but be prepared for a few mistakes to accompany your high quality food.