Captain Marvel

May 13, 2019

Captain+Marvel+Movie+Poster+from+Marvel+Studios+

Captain Marvel Movie Poster from Marvel Studios

Captain Marvel, brought to the big screen on March 8th, is Marvel Studios’ first female-led superhero film. The film centers around female empowerment and the main character is very strong and brave. The film development started back in 2013 and premiered in London on February 27, 2019. It has been very successful already and has earned about $61 million on its first day of release.  The film is based on the Marvel Comics character Carol Danvers and is the 21st film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Starring actress Brie Larson as Danvers, the story starts with her as she becomes Captain Marvel, a warrior in a galactic fight between two different alien groups. As the movie progresses, Marvel has memories of her life on Earth that lead her to question what she previously thought to be true. She discovers her inner power and realizes that she is a much stronger force than she ever knew.

This film is important for young girls to watch because it portrays a strong female lead who discovers that her physical strength comes from her inner strength. Danvers discovers the importance of friendship and what loyalty truly means. The film is funny and makes the viewer feel connected. It was a fun watch for any age.

While there is some violence, this is a great movie for kids to watch as well as adults. It is rated PG 13 therefore anyone 13 or older can completely watch it.It is an interesting story and there are many positive role models. There are a lot of characters with respectable features in the movie that will make a good example for young adults.

One feature of the movie that was also very likeable was the special effects and scenery. The movie had a lot of beautiful and breathtaking shots throughout that would make viewers jaws drop. Also, since the movie is more action based, it featured a lot of great fighting scenes that will have viewers on the edge of their seats.

Because of the characters portrayed, the special effects, the great scenery and the feminism of the movie, we highly recommend Captain Marvel to anyone from any age group.