Savoring Thai Excellence: King and I Sets the Bar High

Immerse Yourself in Authentic Thai Delights, Where Each Dish Tells a Tale of Craftsmanship and Flavorful Master
Green+Curry
Green Curry

In a lively celebration of Thai cuisine, King and I has become a gem in St. Louis’s culinary landscape. Since reopening September 20, 2023, King and I has become a go-to destination for authentic Thai cuisine. Formerly residing on South Grand Blvd, the new location opened in Richmond Heights, on the corner of Hanley and Dale. 

The moment you step into King and I, you begin to smell the welcoming scent of traditional thai curries and you are greeted with a warm and inviting ambiance that reflects the rich culture of Thailand, with beautiful art and table settings. In the 1970s, owner Suchin Prapaisilp moved to the United States from Thailand, bringing his love for Thai food with him. Prapaisilp began his culinary career in Thailand by selling food to miners. He opened King and I in the 1970s with his brother, carrying over the traditions of Thai cuisine.

Fried Rice

King and I delivers unparalleled dining through their diversely crafted menu. With everything from fried rice to green curry, King and I has you covered. Providing an array of traditional Thai dishes allows for a taste of Thailand in St. Louis. 

The menu holds an impressive amount of Thai classics like yellow and green curry and pad thai. Each dish contains a perfect amount of vibrant spices, fresh herbs and quality ingredients, resulting in a special mix of traditional flavors. 

Pad Thai

The green curry, pad thai and classic fried rice stood out to me as Thai basics on the menu. The green curry was one of the best I’ve ever had. It contained strong flavors of green chilies and lemongrass, bringing out the flavors of eggplant and peppers. Expecting the pad thai to be a classic light brown color, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the vibrant orange color of this pad thai. The fried rice had a perfect mix of rice, eggs, chicken and onions, each flavor bringing out the others. 

What sets King and I apart is the commitment to authentic food and attention to detail. The chefs are trained in traditional Thai techniques, guaranteeing each dish is true to its original. Beyond the cuisine, the staff members provide warm and attentive service. King and I doesn’t just promise a taste of Thailand—it delivers a culinary journey, making one forget they are miles away from Bangkok’s vibrant streets. It stands as a testament to the power of food to transport and transform. For those seeking to indulge in genuine Thai flavors, King and I awaits to welcome you.