Politics Club continues to expand, welcomes second Congressman to speak

Clayton High School’s Politics Club just keeps growing.  Few high school students can say they have met with a Congressman, Tea Party Leader, County Executive, state senator and former mayor.  Politics Club members have, and now all CHS students are invited to join Politics Club in a discussion with US Representative, Russ Carnahan.  The club welcomes Congressman Russ Carnahan, U.S. Representative for Missouri’s 3rd congressional district, October 19 to Clayton High School at 7:30 AM in the library.

Created by seniors Jonathan Shumway and Zach Praiss two years ago, the club has grown exponentially.  As a sophomore, Praiss mentioned that currently the club “really only targeted sophomores” and about 10 kids showed up each week.  Today, it is difficult to find a seat in room 124 each Wednesday morning.

“It’s been a goal of ours to meet with both our US Representatives representing Clayton and we’ve been working for quite a while,” Praiss said. “We are thrilled to have the chance to meet with Russ Carnahan.”

“We don’t want to see Politics Club die out,” Praiss said as a sophomore. “I want to be able to come back to CHS in the future and see Politics Club still running strong.”

Praiss’ wish seems to come closer and closer to fulfillment every day.