Ashley+Hartmann

Ashley Hartmann

Ashley Hartmann

Ashley Hartmann, social studies

Favorite childhood memory?

I am originally from Pensacola, Florida, so just being on the beach with my family is something that always comes to mind when thinking of my childhood.

Favorite thing to do in St. Louis?

Love going to the History and Art Museum. This summer, my favorite thing has been the farmer’s market at Tower Grove.

Thing you’re looking forward to the most about working at Clayton?

I am thrilled to get to know the students here. Students seem to love being apart of the CHS community and I can’t wait to see that spirit in action.

Favorite teaching memory?

Anytime a student “gets it” or has their lightbulb moment is the best part about teaching. Everyday feels like an adventure and there is always something unexpected that happens that makes the day exciting.

Hobby?

Before moving to St. Louis, I lived in Denver and spent the majority of my free time snowboarding in the winter. We still try to head out west to snowboard once a year…I’ve heard I need to check out Hidden Valley, maybe we will this year.

If you could have any superpower, which would you choose?

As a history teacher, this is going to be obvious, time travel. Is that a legitimate superpower?

If you weren’t teaching, what would you be doing?

I can’t imagine myself doing anything else. If I had to pick something, I think I would have to say social work.

$50
$2000