Editor’s Letter: Ella Cuneo

The last four years of our high school experience have been anything but traditional. Between transitioning from watching Tiger King and baking everything imaginable, to trying to focus on Zoom screens, to finally walking the halls, our senior class experienced the full swing of schedules.

For me, the only consistent thing was the Globe. Every month, I knew I had to develop three story ideas. I had to conduct research. I had to put out an article I felt proud of.

During my sophomore year, I spoke with a mother who lost her 13-year-old son in a shooting just two weeks prior to our conversation. I went with an older Globe editor and we sat at her table and talked about the impact her son left on their family and how much she missed him. Through the whole conversation, the idea that nothing is permanent kept revolving in my mind.

Now, as I finish my last few weeks at CHS, I feel lucky that I gained an understanding of how important the happy moments in our lives are, and how to for advocate the movements I care about. The stories I worked on for the Globe encouraged me to appreciate the present and take every opportunity.

Thank you to everyone on the Globe who grew with me over our time on the staff. Thank you for being a consistent part of my life, for challenging me and for helping me find new opportunities.

$150
$2000