Community Service provides opportunities for giving back

Students looking for an easier way to find places that need community service have a great opportunity to do so. The Community Service Club, with sponsor Sarah Falkoff, meets in room 203 every Tuesday right after school.

Though it is a club that seems like it may need lots of preparation at meetings, the meetings are concise and last only about 10 to 20 minutes. Those who show up at the meetings are goven a background of upcoming community service dates and are able to sign up for the activities they would like to participate in.

However, even those who cannot attend the meetings may sign up for community service activities on the board, which is located outside the library in the hallway. Look on the board for new activities throughout the year.

Most services are on the weekends, and there are usually a variety of things to do, so if one cannot make it to an activity, there is bound to be another one the next week or the following day.

The community service activities are a great way to serve others and at the same time earn community service hours, which are helpful for applying to colleges. Those who are interested in joining the club or looking for more information can show up at the next Tuesday meeting or contact Mrs. Falkoff.