The Revival of Psychology Club

For those interested in understanding the human mind and actions, psychology club has been recently created. Though the club existed several years ago, after the club president graduated, psychology club ceased to exist. However, Mr. Aiello and senior Isabella Jacobs has revived the club for interested students.

For years, some students have expressed a desire to do more psychology than in class,” Aiello said. “I like to only sponsor clubs when the kids follow through, and this year, Isabella decided to recreate it.”

Jacobs describes what activities she would like to do for the club after creating the group.

“We got a group together and we plan on going to Washington University for some psychology classes and experiments,” Jacobs said. “I have been to some of these experiments and I think it would be great for a lot of students to see them.”
Aiello also adds other activities that the psychology club plans to do.

“At open house, I asked students’ parents if they majored in psychology or were involved in neurology,” Aiello said. “There are a lot of potential guest speakers, which would be great for students in psychology club. Also, I hope to do something with NAMI, the National Association of Mental Illness, such as awareness for mental health issues.”

Jacobs gives some final words on the hope for success for psychology club and the continuing of the club in the upcoming years.

“I hope it will be successful,” Jacobs said. “I know I’m not going to be at Clayton to do it next year since I’m graduating, but hopefully interested students in psychology or the club will rise up to run it next year.”