Clayton Defeats Priory, Moves on in Districs

Clayton High rolled against Priory, winning by a score of 71-43, a 28 point victory.

Senior Clayton Buchanan led the charge with 25 points, and fellow Senior Charlie Harned and Freshman Mitch Elliot chipped in 16 and 7, respectfully.

The Greyhounds took a commanding lead early, and never looked back. Aggressive defense helped the Greyhounds, and was big in their victory.

The Greyhounds were district championship winners last season.

In the last minutes of the game, head coach Ryan Luhning took out his starters, and played some players who do not get as much playing time. Freshman Andrew Holland thought it showed a lot about the teams future.

“We have a great future to look forward to at Clayton High,” he said.

Freshman Christopher Longman (above) takes in the game at MICDS. (Photo by Peter Baugh)

MICDS is where the game was held. The gym had many Clayton fans in attendance, and they all went home happy. The next game in the district tournament will be against Westminster on Wednesday.

Freshman Christopher Longman, who feels the team will repeat as district champs, says, “It was a great game and I look forward to more victories Wednesday and Friday.”