NBA Playoffs Are Unfolding Nicely

The NBA playoffs are developing in an interesting fashion. Experienced San Antonio, led by veterans such as Tim Duncan and Tony Parker, is deadlocked in a seven game Western Conference Championship with the Oklahoma City Thunder. The aging Boston Celtics are in an also exciting series with the Miami Heat.

In the Western Conference Championship series, Oklahoma City holds a three to two series lead, with the series returning to Oklahoma and their home arena. However, San Antonio has won numerous NBA titles, and it would be foolish to count them completely out.

A collision of star studded teams have been dueling it out in the Eastern Conference Finals. The Celtics are an aging team, but have young talent in their point guard, Rajon Rondo. The Miami Heat have globs of pressure hanging on their heads. With Lebron James, Dewayne Wade, and Chris Bosh, the team has been expected to win the NBA title since they grouped together two off seasons ago.

However, Bosh has not been able to play due to an injury. Many people believe that if the Heat fall in the post season, the three stars will be split up by Miami management. The series is currently tied at two games a piece.

If the finals go as well as the playoffs have so far, they should be exciting and action packed. Will Lebron finally win a title? Is this the Celtics’ last chance to win? Is Kevin Durant ready to lead the Thunder to a final? Do the Spurs have enough gas left to finish off the season with a championship?

Only time will tell, and, hopefully, the playoffs will continue to be dramatic and thrilling.

Photo by Allen Eyestone/Palm Beach Post/MCT