Why Romney?

In his inauguration speech in 2009 Obama promised, “the challenges we face are … serious and they are many… but know this America: They will be met.” These promises remain unfulfilled and despite his noble intent, Obama has lacked the skill and leadership to accomplish his goals. Instead of progress, we have had four years of economic stagnation and a declined international position. A new president is needed.
A valid metric many use is, “How has the President’s policies changed my life in the last four years?” The U.S. Census Bureau clearly shows that in any year since 1998, the average American was wealthier than in any year in Obama’s administration, by comparing the median annual income after adjusting for inflation.
To put into context, these problems were not inherited, as the Democratic Party narrative goes. Instead, Obama took these “inherited problems,” failed to enact meaningful change and made the U.S. people poorer.
Romney, on the other hand has both a business and government mindset. While people criticize his capitalistic policies, he knows how to grow an economy. As the governor of Massachusetts he successfully worked with a Democrat controlled legislature, and was able to pass a lot of needed legislation. He met weekly with Congressional leaders from both parties, demonstrating his understanding that both sides can bring valuable ideas to the table.
The Wall Street Journal reported that Obama has had four years in a row with an annual deficit of one trillion dollars. Obama did make “change;” he increased the deficit in an unprecedented fashion, which future generations will have to pay back.
The New York Times reported that while Governor of Massachusetts, Romney did balance the state budget. Deficit spending creates a burden on future workers and their children—if anyone should have enthusiastic support for Romney, it should be the youth.
Obama has not been an assertive leader in trying to push for the continuance of American ideals. For example, Obama as the president of the United States did not take a stance on the Chicago teacher union protests. This weakness of having an ambivalent direction has also translated into international politics. He stopped supporting the controversial Egyptian president. This decision trickled down to an Egyptian revolution which has became a roaring uncontrolled river of strife. In a study published by Zogby International, it states that Morocco, Egypt, Jordan, and the UAE favor the US less, than they did four years ago. Obama continues to show his inability to make tough decisions, in places like Libya, China and Israel.
What has America gotten from supporting supposed democracy? Increased Muslim fundamentalism and extremism? Or the disrespectful intellectual property theft from China?
Reagan’s tough dealings with Soviet Union show what a visionary president can accomplish. Romney’s bestseller, “No Apology,” helps the world know that Romney will do what is right – no matter the cost. Romney will make sure that this Arab spring will not turn to a dark Arab winter. Romney plans to approve the Keystone Project which will provide many new jobs. He will approach China about violations of international trade law. For America to be great we need to revive its assertive toughness.
Romney is a rare leader. He has the intellect and organizational skills to actually implement needed change. As a conservative governor, he led a failing Democratic state back to economic success, crossing the aisle to achieve his goal. He saved the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympics from international scandal and debt problems. And as a 1950s-1960s Detroit youth, he has seen the ultimate potential a United States with thriving industry holds.
This is Mitt Romney – the rational choice for our next president.