Beyond High School

Christina DiFelice: Field Hockey, Rhodes College

Christina DiFelice had a tough choice to make when she decided to attend Rhodes College: would she play field hockey or soccer?

Ultimately, DiFelice chose field hockey because of the Rhodes coach, who made her feel welcome and wanted by the team. From her first visit, DiFelice was able to picture herself at Rhodes due to its friendly atmosphere and the balance between studies and athletics.

Though she is excited about playing sports at the next level, DiFelice is going to miss many things about the Clayton athletic program and is grateful for what it has given her.

“I’m definitely going to miss the coaches that I’ve had because I know I would not be the same player or person today that I was four years ago when I first started playing Clayton sports,” DiFelice said. “I am definitely going to miss the coaching for sure, and all the teammates I met along the way, of course. It will be hard to say goodbye to all of that.”

Addison Joseph: Basketball, Drake University

Addison Joseph did not emerge as one of the Greyhound’s top players until his junior year and was not a full time starter until his senior season. However, with hard work and dedication, Joseph has blossomed into an exceptional basketball player, earning first team All Conference honors and finishing second in the area in three point field goals.

With encouragement from his coaches, Joseph decided to play basketball in college. He plans to walk on with Drake University, a Division One school that also has strong academics. In college, Joseph looks forward to having a team of friends as he did at Clayton.

“I love being on a team, I like the sense of having that kind of family,” Joseph said. “They [teammates] are all guys that you can go to for help.”

Tyler Walker: Football, Lindenwood University

Every time Tyler Walker touches the football, there is a chance that he will score. Walker led the Suburban East Conference in touchdowns, scoring 27 for the Clayton district champion team in 2012.

Walker was an athletic standout in basketball as well, earning the All Conference Defensive Player of the Year award.

Since the end of his freshman football season, Walker knew he wanted to play football in college. His goal was achieved this spring when he signed to play football with Lindenwood University. Walker feels that spending time with his teammates was the best part of his football experience at Clayton.

“It’s just a great group of guys that I love spending so much time around, putting so much effort in for …” Walker said. “[T]he relationships I had with my teammates is a thing that will last forever.”

Carly Cassity: Tennis, University of Arizona

Carly Cassity has placed at the state tennis competition in three of her four high school seasons. Cassity earned first team All-Metro honors, one of only four Clayton athletes to do so in the fall sports season.

When thinking back on her tennis career at Clayton, one memory stands out in Cassity’s mind.

“This year me and my younger sister, Connor, and Caroline Greenberg all made it to state … it was cool this year because I made it to the state championships in singles, and Connor and Caroline made it to state championships in doubles and we were on the two courts next to each other,” Cassity said.

After looking at many schools, Cassity decided to attend University of Arizona for their facilities and the team members, who she said were very kind when she visited.