Glenridge Holiday Sing-Along

The Glenridge Chorus sings "Angels We Have Heard On High" at the annually held Holiday Sing-Along in the Glenridge gymnasium.
The Glenridge Chorus sings “Angels We Have Heard On High” at the annually held Holiday Sing-Along in the Glenridge gymnasium.  (Nuri Yi)

The Holiday Sing-Along is an annual Glenridge tradition held on the last day of school before the winter break.  The Glenridge school chorus, grades, and teachers all sing along to songs celebrating different holidays.  The Glenridge chorus performed “Angels We Have Heard On High,” “Eight Days of Hannukah” and a medley based off of Dr. Seuss’ The Grinch Who Stole Christmas.

The kindergarten class sang “Frosty The Snowman,” the first grade class sang “All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth” and the third grade class sang “Santa Claus Is Coming To Town.”  Everyone sang “Dreidel Song,” “Deck The Halls,” “Feliz Navidad” and “Hannukah Oh Hannukah.”  Teachers dressed up as reindeer to act out and dance “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer,” which has become a tradition lasting more than five years.

Then, a presentation was made on the peace ball project that occurs every winter to give peace loops for peaceful actions.  All of the peace loops are then knotted together and wrapped around a nucleus of peaceful sayings on pieces of paper to make a colorful ball of peace.  The program concluded with a unison sing-along of “Our Gift To You,” a song expressing a wish for peace, joy, and love to all.