Student embodies unique persona

If you were a wild animal, what would you be? Octopus, all the way.

Would you rather play basketball with Obama or quidditch with Harry Potter? Basketball with Obama.

Who would star in a movie about you? George Clooney.

Is the glass half empty or half full? Half Full.

Junior Greg Dallas plays his favorite instrument, the guitar, at a CHS jazz band concert. (Courtesy of Greg Dallas)

Junior Greg Dallas keeps busy with creative outlets. He is a talented guitar player who is in the process of learning flute, piano, and bass to expand his musical breadth. Dallas’ go to instrument, the guitar, remains his favorite for its versatility.

“The wonderful thing about guitar is that it fits in literally every single musical genre, from classical to jazz to rock and experimental,” Dallas said.

Dallas has accrued experience by playing in bands and ensembles, but out of this experience Dallas has found cooperation to be fundamental to successful music making.

“I’ve learned that you have to listen and work together to create something great.”

Through musical variety, Dallas hopes to expand his creative ability.

Instruments aside, Dallas can be identified the ear piercing he got in New York over winter break.

“I thought that it would be cool,” Dallas said about the piercing. “Also my brother has a couple of piercings, so I figured it could be some sort of common element between us.”

If the ear piercing is hard to spot, it may be easier to find Dallas wheeling around on his unicycle.

“I decided to start unicycling last summer because it’s not as conventional as biking and I was looking for something challenging to pass the time,” Dallas said. “Now that it’s starting to get warm out, you’ll probably see me on it more often.”

View Comments (1)
$150
$5000

Your donation will support the student journalists of Clayton High School. Our goal is to ensure every student and faculty member receives a print copy, and that we can continue to explore interactive storytelling mediums on this platform. Your donation also helps provide us with necessary equipment.