Second release provides flashback

“Toy Story” and “Toy Story 2” delights audiences young and old. The second release of the beloved 1995 Disney movies gives the most recent generation an opportunity to view the films in theaters. Older audience members have the chance to revisit their favorite film of their childhood, but this time in 3D. The Disney Pixar classic does not disappoint.
The animated feature is about the fantastical world of toys, which come to life when people are not watching. The movie specifically focuses on a group of toys dealing with the possibility of new arrivals during their owner, Andy’s, sixth birthday party. Woody, a pull string cowboy toy handed down through generations, is threatened by the arrival of Buzz Lightyear, the new space action figure every kid wants. Woody plots to get rid of his competition, but the two end up lost together and forced to work together so that they may find their way home before it’s too late.
Although the film was originally released in 1995, the wonderful story is still a hit with current audiences. The animation that was released again in 3D is still amazing, despite being over a decade old. The movie features the voice of many well-known actors including Tom Hanks as Woody and Tim Allen as Buzz Lightyear. However, it is not the talent, which makes the movie so successful; it is the simple, yet creative, storyline, which keeps the viewer intrigued.
Despite the overall appeal of the animated movie, the teen audience may be wishing they had not delved into the memories of their childhood. Even having seen the movie multiple times and wanting to watch it over and over again as a kid, the length of the combined movies was almost unbearable. Yes, the storyline and the animation are great, but the movie is being released again in order to promote Toy Story 3. Those who watched the tape over and over as children, who have memorized the plot may not enjoy the two films as much as those 7-year-olds and their parents giggling in the audience.
Overall, ‘Toy Story’ and ‘Toy Story 2’ are great movies and can be enjoyed by all audience members, but it may be a painful showing for those attempting to connect to their childhood. Wonderful animation, even without the 3D, coupled with magnificent storyline filled with humor makes the double feature a great way to spend the evening if you haven’t seen it once too often already.