Vikings vs. Packers

Brett Favre and the Minnesota Vikings beat Green Bay in a 30-23 victory on Oct. 5. Favre proved his skills by throwing 271 yards for three touchdowns against his former team, the Packers.

Brett Favre celebrates after a touchdown pass. Thae Vikings are 6-0 so far this season. (MTC Campus)
Brett Favre celebrates after a touchdown pass. The Vikings are 6-0 so far this season with Favre at the starting quarterback position. (MTC Campus)

Adrian Peterson was a little disappointing, only rushing for 55 yards and one touchdown. For a normal running back, this would be considered decent yardage, but fans have come to expect more out of an amazing player like Peterson.
Other key players for the Vikings were defensive end Jared Allen and wide receivers Bernard Berrian and Sydney Rice.
Allen proved to be the leader of the defense with four and a half sacks and one forced fumble. Berrian had six receptions for 75 yards and a touchdown, and Rice was targeted five times for 70 yards and a touchdown as well.
Although the Packers lost, Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers threw for over 384 yards – the most that any quarterback has achieved in all of week four. Rodgers did better overall in passing yards than Favre, but could still not pull off a win for his team.
Rodgers’s favorite target during the game was tight end Jermichael Finley, who had six receptions for over 128 yards and a touchdown.
Running back Ryan Grant had 11 attempts for 51 yards, but no touchdowns
“I was really disappointed because I wanted to see that the packers could still triumph, even without their old quarterback,” freshman David Ingram said. “I wanted the Packers to teach [Favre] a lesson for leaving us after that many years.”
The team might have lost as a whole, but Rodgers did seem to have beaten Favre in the Q.B. matchup. Rodgers had more passing yards than the heart and soul of the Green Bay Packers for more 16 years.
Vikings fans, on the other hand, went home with an “in your face!” feeling.
“I honestly think Favre is completely overrated,” Vikings fan Isaac Doyle said. “He cries about leaving his team and can never make up his mind. When he came to the Vikings nobody was really surprised or excited, because we were used to this type of stuff from him.”
Brett Favre is a man of many emotions and years, but this will not stop him from leading the Minnesota Vikings to a Super Bowl.