Wreck-It Ralph Review

The entire plot of “Wreck-It Ralph” is through the perspective of a villain from a video game. Instead of an action movie hero, loved by everyone, Ralph, the title character, is discriminated against by everyone in his arcade game.

As the head executive producer, John Lasseter of the movie puts it, Ralph is “an 8-bit video game bad guy who travels the length of the arcade to prove that he’s a good guy.”

Through the creative concept that arcade characters can visit others games after the store closes, Ralph literally travels the arcade, trying to win a medal so that he can gain the respect of the characters in his own game.

From games for the younger players, such as Sugar Rush, a game based from Mario Kart, to games for the older players, such as Hero’s Duty, a game based from Call of Duty, “Wreck-It Ralph” ties all of them together in a humorous fashion.

Villains from well known video games make appearances such as the ghosts from Pac-Man, Bowser from Super Mario Bros, Doctor Eggman from Sonic the Hedgehog and even the paddles from Pong.

“Wreck-It Ralph” is humor-packed, yet still teaches a great lesson that no matter where life puts you, you can always prove yourself worthy.