Ellie Goulding Concert Review

Ellie Goulding rocked The Pageant on Jan. 30. The concert was sold out, the room was packed and fans were excited.

St. Lucia, aka Australian Jean-Philip Grobler, opened the show with the rest of his band. They played energetic and catchy songs like “September” and “All Eyes on You.” The hyped up audience danced and sang along to the music.

After St. Lucia’s set list was over, Ellie Goulding took the stage to shouts of “Ellie! Ellie! Ellie!” She started with “Halcyon,” and “Figure 8” from her recent “Halcyon” album. Goulding also played a few songs like “Salt Skin” and “Your Song” from her first album, “Lights.” In between songs she made conversation with the audience.

“I used to sing this song in coffee houses back in Britain,” the 26-year-old singer-songwriter told the audience after they sang along to her song “Guns and Horses.” “And I sand to like, three people, and like two of them were with me. So it’s cool to hear so many people singing back to me.”

Goulding also played some of her more popular songs like “Anything Can Happen,” “Starry Eyed,” and “Figure 8.” Although she ended the concert at 10:25, the audience called for an encore and Goulding obliged, singing “Need Your Love,” a recent  single recorded with Calvin Harris. Finally, Goulding sang a slight remixed version of “Lights,” her best-known song.

Audience members sang along, danced, jumped, and cheered throughout the concert, and Goulding received some well-deserved praise.