Hotter Than Ever

The Clayton High School golf team had high expectations coming in to this season as all five golfers qualified for the sectional tournament and finished third in the suburban south conference last year. This year, the golf team has continued its momentum in the conference portion of their schedule as they improved to 5-1 in conference play.
After a narrow loss to Parkway Central during the early stages of the season, the Hounds have bounced back to win four in a row, including a tri-match yesterday against Affton and Seckman High School.
With seniors David Androphy, Adam Belsky, Josh Becker, and Chris Cho returning along with Junior Chris Sleckman, freshman standouts Elliot Ambort and Robert Hogan have added depth to the team.
Androphy and Ambort have had outstanding seasons, shooting consistently in the upper 30’s. The rest of the squad has also improved this year shooting in the lower 40’s consistently.
Chris Moody, coach of the golf team, has deemed this year’s team the deepest in years with wins against golf powerhouses Webster and Ladue High School. He fully expects the team to qualify for sectionals and make a lot of noise at the State Tournament.
The Hounds finish the regular season this week with matches against Rockwood Summit and Parkway West, and will participate in the Conference tournament to decide who will win the regular season crown. Please support the golf team as they wind down the season in the coming weeks!