We’re The Millers Review

For the typical teenager, who has what most people consider to be an immature sense of humor, this movie will undoubtedly make you laugh. However, for the more mature audience, the humor may seem a little too vulgar.

David Burke, played by Jason Sudeikis, is a low-level pot dealer who obviously prefers to keep a low profile. When David attempts to perform a good deed by helping out some local teens, he gets robbed of his pot. David’s supplier Brad is none too happy and in order for David to make up for his mistake he is put in charge of personally bringing in Brad’s latest shipment of pot from Mexico.

David figures the only way to successfully get pounds of pot across the border is to assemble a seemingly innocent family that will be able to pass through border control. David’s family consists of a stripper named Rose, played by Jennifer Anniston, an awkward son Kenny, and a runaway daughter Casey. The “Millers” head south in an RV on a journey that will most certainly not disappoint. Each family member has a very different personality, which creates a very funny family dynamic.

Occasionally the movie seems to be headed towards an emotional scene, but the movie always maintains its edge. Any scene that seems to become personal or emotional is always interrupted by a humorous remark that will certainly remove any feeling of emotion you had.

The movie has times where it seems incredibly predictable and does not flow very well from scene to scene; however, this is all over looked by the hilarious vulgar humor that is guaranteed to make even the most mature of audience members laugh at least once.