Inside Llewyn Davis Movie Review

“A folk-singer with a cat, is that a part of your act?”Inside Llewyn Davis Official Movie Poster

Roland Turner, played by John Goodman, says to Llewyn Davis, the

protagonist of the film. Llewyn Davis looks like a typical folk singer, the curly hair,

the beard and the attitude. This new movie directed by the Coen brothers, was set in

New York City, specifically in Greenwich Village during the 1960’s. Davis, after having

enough of his life in New York, sets out to Chicago to see a major producer, Bud Grossman.

The movie tells the story of what happened before and after the journey,

as well as everything in between. The movie has some jokes sprinkled throughout, (which

are very funny if you have a dark sense of humor). The movie features actors such

as Justin Timberlake, John Goodman, Carey Mulligan and F. Murray Abraham. Jean,

Llewyn’s occasional partner played by Carey Mulligan, describes Davis as “King

Midas’s idiot brother” as she thinks everything he touches turns bad. Llewyn Davis

is the type of person who only expresses himself through music or getting into fights

with people, both of which, he does quite frequently.

Although Llewyn is not going through a good time in his life, he is doing

his best to keep his head high. This movie is enjoyable, although it is a little bit dry

at parts. Although this probably won’t be one of the Coen brothers most highly acclaimed

films, it is still very good, giving it perfect reviews from many movie critics.