Swimming Takes Third At Ladue

Gwyneth Henke, Editor-in-Chief

After narrowly missing placing in the top three in 2013, the Clayton Greyhound swim team earned a third place plaque in the 2014 Ladue Early Season Invitational.

The Greyhounds were led by senior Andrew Litteken and sophomore Tiger Chen. Litteken was the butterfly leg in the fifth place 200 medley relay with Chen as breaststroke. Sophomores Spencer Anderson and Ricky Kuehn joined Litteken and Chen in the relay as the backstroke and freestyle legs. Chen, Litteken, Anderson and Kuehn also medaled in the third place 400 freestyle relay.

Litteken finished first in the 200 yard freestyle, second in the 500 yard freestyle and 13th in the 25 free. Chen was second in the 10o yard breaststroke, third in the 100 yard IM and 12th in the 25 free.

Anderson and freshman Jake Varela also had two top eight finishes as individuals. Both placed top eight in the 100 yard backstroke and the 1oo yard freestyle.

The Greyhounds also picked up two state qualifying standards at the meet. Chen got his breaststroke state cut and sophomore Taylor Edlin got his state qualifying score in diving.

The only teams finishing ahead of Clayton were John Burroughs and SLUH. The next swim meet is Thursday against Westminister.