“Valentine’s Day” Movie Review

“Valentine’s Day” has so many stars, the audience needs shades. The highly anticipated movie has a star-studded cast that includes Julia Roberts, Jessica Alba, Jamie Foxx, Patrick Dempsey, George Lopez and many more. The multiple plots weave a complex web that isn’t hard to follow, but a little overwhelming. While trying to maintain equal screen time among the actors, director Garry Marshall allowed several stories to start but never fully develop.

The movie “Valentine’s Day” follows seven couples coping with love and loss in Los Angeles on the day of love. The couples range from an elderly pair to a five year old following his heart, and everything in between.

Of course, as critical viewers, we all have our favorite actors and actresses. But with such hasty plot lines, it is hard to even develop a favorite character among the bunch. In the end, the audience is left with several stories that somehow come together in a messy mix.

With that aside, the movie as a whole fulfilled its title as a satisfying chick flick. The dialogue was cute, the actors were lovable, and most of the relationships were classically adorable.

Marshall follows in the footsteps of Ken Kwapis, who directed the equally star-studded film “He’s Just Not That Into You” that hit theaters in February 2009. That movie was a little better based solely upon the plot. But the cast of “Valentine’s Day” was stronger, and it was refreshing to see some great young actors in a collaborative film.

This movie explores love in all forms and provides a variety of happy and sad endings that keeps the audience interested. Overall, Valentine’s Day was a cute movie that shined with plenty of actors.If you missed it theaters, don’t miss the video.