“Little Fockers” disappoints

Third time is… not the charm. I’m talking about the third installment in the wildly popular Focker franchise, “Little Fockers.”  Starring Ben Stiller and Robert De Niro, the Focker family is back, along with two new members.

The test of wills between Jack Byrnes (Robert De Niro, left) and Greg Focker (Ben Stiller) escalates to new heights of comedy in the third installment of the blockbuster series, "Little Fockers."  (Glen Wilson/Courtesy Universal Pictures/MCT)
The test of wills between Jack Byrnes (Robert De Niro, left) and Greg Focker (Ben Stiller) escalates to new heights of comedy in the third installment of the blockbuster series, "Little Fockers." (Glen Wilson/Courtesy Universal Pictures/MCT)

Back in Chicago, Greg and Pam (Stiller and Teri Polo) have twins, one boy and one girl. The twins are about to turn a whopping five years old, and that means planning a birthday bash.

But if the pressure of the party isn’t enough, Greg has his harsh father-in-law, Jack Byrnes (De Niro) bugging him about taking over the family watchdog after Byrnes’ time is up, becoming the “God Focker”. Focker also has to deal with two romantic situations, Andi Garcia (Jessica Alba), Focker’s new work partner, and Kevin Rawley(Owen Wilson), his “best friend” that likes Pam a little too much. Since Greg can’t handle it all, his crazy and loving parents (Barbra Streisand and Dustin Hoffman) come in and help him out.

Unfortunately, two little Fockers didn’t bring any major laughs to the big screen.  One would think this movie was bound for another hit, after “Meet the Parents” and “Meet the Fockers” still have audiences repeating their lines every time they are reminded of the movie. But truthfully, the “Little Fockers” has no point.

The film is very rushed. As one problem comes up, the audience barely has time to take it in before the next one, making it unorganized at the end when the plot comes together.  The acting in the movie is just not what it was in the first two films. It seems as if the entire cast wanted to get the movie over with, instead of doing their actual jobs.

The film was the same old thing, besides two new members, and a gorgeous, flirty work partner. Greg is trying to settle Jack down, he is jealous of Kevin and Pam’s connection and his parents have a little trouble at first, but once again, they work it out.

I could have walked into this movie and told you what was going to happen before the first scene was over.  With only two funny “action scenes,” lines that aren’t as memorable and acting that is only so-so. Overall, “Little Fockers” is a big disappointment.