iPhone 4 spreads to Verizon customers

Sleek, slim, reliable, fast, and addicting are all words that can describe the iPhone 4 from AT&T. The Apple product, sold to over 100 million customers, is the new “must get” on the markets.

c
The iPhone 4 is now available for both AT&T and Verizon Wireless customers. (Dee Luo)

The phone can be a handheld video game system, a useful reading appliance, a movie player, a camera, a web surfing device, and, of course, a phone.

Customers will love the infinite amount of tasks that can be accomplished with just one phone.

The AT&T carrier is currently marketing the iPhone 4 and has been very successful in doing so. With all new features including Face Time, multitasking, and HD video, the phone will be distributed along with another carrier: Verizon Wireless.

The Verizon wireless iPhone 4, along with the already presented features, will include several more features. AT&T has been berated for frequently dropping calls.  Verizon is known for their reliable network and great coverage.

In addition, Verizon will create competition for these two carriers; pressure will mount when the new iPhone 5 is released around the beginning of summer.

Verizon is also more likely to offer unlimited data plans for the iPhone, forcing AT&T to rethink the out-of-date plans offered in stores today.

The release of the Verizon iPhone will help Apple to a certain extent creating competition and hype. The price of the iPhones for both carriers will be the same, priced at $199.

Both carriers present their advantages and disadvantages. If you are looking for a cheaper data plan, Verizon is the choice for you. If faster 3G speeds are what you count on, AT&T is the right choice for you.

With many Clayton students enjoying the use of the iPhone, what do they have to say about the iPhone moving to Verizon and what do they like about the phone as of now?

“Quality, apps, big storage, compatibility with the computer, and Face Time are amazing. I would definitely switch if I had the chance,” sophomore Jack Wei said. Upon asking him if he would switch to the new Verizon iphone, the answer was an eager “Yes!”

Not only do students love their phones, but they also understand all phones have their flaws.

“I have the iPhone 4 and love it,” sophomore Maggie Charity said. “I don’t really pay attention between AT&T and Verizon because they all have their own flaws. There is no need to switch to Verizon.”

No matter which carrier they preferred, students said their iPhones were an important part of their lives.

“Well it’s an ipod and computer and phone all organized into a simple, easy to use interface system, sophomore Willie Wysession said.  “It can do anything.”

Not only is it interactive and entertaining, but it is also an item of organization.

“I like it because I check my mail and Facebook all the time,” senior Charlie Beard said.  “Plus I surf the net and use the calendar feature as well. Our family has a bundle plan so switching to a different carrier would cost money and be a hassle.”

With every great product comes a fault. However, with the iPhones, student complaints were minimal. The students found no vital fault with their phones.

The duration of the battery was an issue that came up multiple times.

“The most distracting part of the iPhone is the limited battery capacity,” said Beard.

Students seem to enjoy the iPhone as an AT&T customer, and they believe the new Verizon will be similar to the phone they currently have.

With many assets and favorable qualities, the iPhone is appreciated throughout the public.  With the addition of Verizon as a carrier, the iPhone will surely thrive.