Top Ten Concerts to See

Panic! At the Disco – Too Weird To Live, Too Rare To Die! Tour – Jan. 22//The Pageant

Panic! At the Disco’s roots may be rock, but the alternative and pop twists that are apparent in several of their songs from the “Pretty. Odd.” album make them a funky band that lovers of Phoenix will also enjoy. The Pageant knows how to pick a rock band, so be sure to check them out.

Cody Simpson – Paradise (Acoustic) Tour – Jan. 30//The Firebird

Another young pop sensation, Australian surfer/songwriter Cody Simpson released an album titled “Cody Simpson: The Acoustic Sessions” in late 2013. The tracks include several of Simpson’s hit pop songs slowed down to an intimate and love-songy pace. His tour consists mostly of small venues, in an attempt to personalize each destination.

Lady Antebellum – Take Me Downtown Tour with Kip Moore and Kacey Musgraves – Feb. 13//Chaifetz Arena

Lady Antebellum, a popular country band formed in Nashville Tennessee, consists of vocalists Hillary Scott and Charles Kelley, and background vocalist/guitarist/mandolinist Dave Haywood. Their most well-known hit, “Need You Now”, is off of their self-titled album. The tour is for their recent release “Golden”.

Arctic Monkeys – AM Tour – Feb. 15//The Pageant

Yet another awesome alt/rock band is hitting up St. Louis’ favorite little venue. Despite playing the Scottrade Center last time they were in St. Louis, the Arctic Monkeys decided on a smaller venue for their 2013/2014 tour. “AM” is their seventh studio album.

Dr. Dog – B-Room Tour – Mar. 12//The Pageant

The Pageant is booking yet another awesome alt/rock band in early March. If you enjoyed Phoenix, you might want to check these guys out. They began in Pennsylvania, and “B-Room” is their fifth studio album.

Robin Thicke – Blurred Lines Tour with Jessie J and DJ Cassidy – Mar. 15//The Fabulous Fox Theatre

Though you might hate Thicke on radio right now, come March you might just be hip to grab your best friends and rock to the “Blurred Lines” singer all night. Also, Jessie J and DJ Cassidy can only make it better. And don’t worry, Miley won’t be there.

Demi Lovato – The Neon Lights Tour – Mar. 20//Chaifetz Arena

Lovato’s tour of her recently released fourth album, “Demi”, is a break from her busy life of singing/songwriting and judging the ever-popular The X Factor. Joining her on tour are three popular British girl-bands, including Cher Lloyd, Fifth Harmony, and Little Mix.

Lorde – Pure Heroine Tour – Mar. 20//The Peabody Opera House

16-year-old “Royals” singer, Lorde, is playing her first tour in 2014. The young pop sensation, hailing from New Zealand, released the album “Pure Heroine” earlier this year, which skyrocketed to the top of Billboard charts soon after its’ release.

Miley Cyrus – The BANGERZ Tour – Apr. 16//Scottrade Center

Along with her recent “downward spiral” Cyrus is showing the world that she isn’t Hannah Montana anymore with her recent album release “Bangerz”. Cyrus’ controversial performance at the MTV Video Music Awards this year gives us an idea of what the tour will look like.

One Direction – Where We Are Tour – Aug. 27//Edward Jones Dome

Yeah, we realize that by the time these five fabulous boys show up in our hometown you’ll be a grade older than you are right now, but if I were you I’d get myself some tickets; this original X-Factor band sells out fast! These boys are only getting better, with more rock influence in each album they release, so even if you aren’t willing to spend your college fund on a ticket, you might still want to check out “Midnight Memories” for only $11.99 on iTunes.